T2M Resourcing have been retained by a highly successful international manufacturing company who are seeking to recruit a no.1 on site Head of Finance to be part of the UK leadership team. The UK business has annual sales of c£10m and both manufactures and imports products for distribution in the UK. The company is creating a positive can do culture and we are seeking a qualified accountant who has the experience and enthusiasm to transition the UK finance function from Head Office on to site. Reporting to the local Managing Director and CFO (based overseas) your remit will include:
What will you be doing?
- Preparation of management and statutory accounts within IFRS compliance requirements
- Review and analysis of financial performance against budget, including preparation of reports for local management. Provide accurate and insightful information to drive and improve commercial decisions to ensure the company meets its annual operating plan.
- Working as part of the leadership team to identify business opportunities and mitigate risk
- Responsibility for general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations
- Managing an assistant accountant ensuring effective transactional finance activities including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Aged Debtor management are in line with company requirements
- Costing and stock management
- Ensure all statutory returns are completed and submitted in line with local legislation
- Responsibility for CAPEX planning and management
- Management of payroll for c40 employees
- Responsible for external and group audit liaison, answering queries an implementing actions as required
- Development of systems and processes with a continuous improvement approach
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this newly created Head of Finance role you will need to demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with experience of a finance leadership role within a growing manufacturing company
- A pro-active, positive thinking and can do character who thrives in an environment where you can support and challenge your management team colleagues to meet the objectives of the business
- Ideally initially trained in an accounting firm, then with experience in a manufacturing environment, thus able to demonstrate strong technical accounting competency along with operational business experience and commercial acumen
- Up to date with IFRS accounting standards and able to produce accurate and timely accounts that meet local statutory requirements as well as internal group HQ needs
- Great communication skills with the ability to lead and inspire those around you
- Experience of product costing and stock management
- Able to produce annual budgets and forecasts with the ability to add value to the business operating plan
- A flexible and agile approach with a passion to lead from the front
To apply for this exciting opportunity that will pay a competitive package please forward your CV together with details of your current salary, benefits and notice period.