Credit Analyst - Real Estate
£38000 - £48000 + 15% Pension + Benefits + Bonus
They are the fast expanding London banking business operation of a global banking group. They have a focussed strength in retail, commercial, private and institutional banking as well as trade finance and treasury services. They have 150 employees and in the last 2 years have been undergoing development of systems, support structures in both the front and back office and infrastructure. They have also despite the pandemic expanded their business. They have a newly created role within their Private Banking department for a credit analyst who has experience in residential real estate lending including "Buy to let" lending. The role will primarily focus on Real Estate Related and Secured Lending Transactions and will provide excellent exposure to the front office.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
In order to be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
* Credit analyst with 2 - 7 years' experience including strong experience in residential real estate which includes "buy to let" lending
* Good financial analysis skills and degree of numeracy
* Ability to examine and evaluate cross border risk.
* Good awareness of residential real estate market developments and economics in the UK
* A self-starter, keen team player and ability to adapt to work in a multi-cultural environment
* Highly efficient, team player, with good attention to detail, accuracy and eye for market research and industry trends pertaining to bank's portfolio.
* High standard performer that enjoys working in a dynamic and small team.
* Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and to withstand occasionally high pressure demands.
Useful if exposure to commercial real estate
The role reports to the Head of Private Banking. The focus is carrying out high quality and rigorous credit and financial analysis for Residential Real Estate related transactions in accordance with the bank's Credit Policy. In particular, supporting the Private Banking team and the London credit committee for:
* New Housing Loan and Secured Lending applications and the internal credit process (Customer information sheets, Name clearance, RAROC, Credit Lens)
* Annual and periodic reviews for existing Housing Loans and Secured Lending
* Assisting with any projects which are credit related.
* Timely, accurate and rigorous written credit analysis of Residential Real Estate Housing Loans and Secured Lending applications in support of new transactions & existing credit reviews.
* Maintain up-to-date Credit files for the Private Banking Loan exposures.
* Preparing credit applications in relation to lending credit proposals for the front office
* Other credit related tasks and research that may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Private Banking.
* Managing relationships with the Bank's wider Credit Risk Team, Private Banking Relationship Managers, staff/members, Internal Legal Counsel and the Group Central Head Office based overseas