Randstad Accountancy and Finance are working with a rapidly growing organisation based in Midsomer Norton. They are looking for a Financial Controller to join the team and support the MD and Ops Director with the overall strategic direction of the business. The idea for this role is for it to develop into a Finance Director further down the line. This is a newly created role and would suit any current Finance Managers/Controilers as well as experienced Accountant/Management Accountants looking for their first senior level finance role.
- Leading the operational finance, accounting and contractual areas of the business.
- Using data analysis insight to contribute to business operations and strategy.
- Operational financial control, accounting and reporting
- Working with the Business Analyst to generate insights to drive business process development and ROI
- Contract administration and reporting
- Management and reporting of the cash cycle covering credit control, payments processing and cash flow forecasting; ensuring that all payments made are correctly documented and authorised.
- Operation of the monthly payroll ensuring all employees are paid correctly in a timely way; ensuring that changes to salary payments and payroll deductions are correctly documented and authorised.
- Operation and maintenance of the financial ledgers to ensure their accuracy and integrity to support production of management and statutory accounts. VAT matters including submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- Maintenance of cost and management accounting records.
- Evaluation of product, project and service gross margins.
- Preparation of management accounting analyses and management accounts to reporting target dates.
- Monitoring and reporting of revenue and capital expenditure against budget with variance analysis
- Preparation of operating budgets as part of the annual Operational Plan.
- Preparation of year-end and other forecasts.
- Contributing to strategic planning
- Year-end accounting
- Preparation of year-end accounting schedules to the year-end timetable to support production of the company's statutory accounts.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.