An Asset Manager is needed for a respected and highly reputable Defence firm based in Wiltshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Asset Manager that takes pride in their work and experience working in asset management, working with stakeholders and in regulated engineering environments.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Asset Manager will include:
- Support the creation, maintenance and status of AM budgets
- Create and maintain AM plans in accordance with LMUK RMS processes and procedures as well as in co-ordination with programme staff.
- Ensure AM and asset requirements are captured clearly, accurately and concisely within contracts.
- Organise, plan and track hardware/software assets on a day to day basis to meet contract requirements.
- Interface with the change control process to raise, submit and progress Change Proposals (CPs) and Requests (CRs) for contracted asset requirements, and provide AM impact assessment for raised CRs.
- Work with LMUK Security, Freight and Trade Compliance to ensure the LMUK Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) accreditation is adhered to.
- Maintain asset tracking databases, processes and tools for hardware and software assets, to ensure fully accountable and auditable records are kept.
- Manage customer assets in accordance with contract requirements, LMUK RMS processes and procedures.
- Enable the identification and management of hardware assets by applying labels / unique marking of assets for monitoring and tracking purposes.
- Work with other functions of the business as necessary to ensure the required configuration and quality of assets (including documentation) is delivered at the right time and location to satisfy contract and business requirements.
- Arrange/support loan requests as required in accordance with loan processes
- Manage equipment upgrades, repairs and maintenance, such as calibration etc.
- Proactively process redundant assets for disposition in accordance with process as required.
- Work with programme management and other departments to maximise asset usage and cost savings.
- Provide AM status of assets to management, customers and suppliers as appropriate.
- Manage and support internal and external audits as required.
- Provide general support during colleague absence.
- Support the maintenance and ongoing development of AM tools to ensure efficiency and effectiveness to meet ongoing business needs.
- Represent the department at programme meetings as required.
- Occasional travel required.
What experience you need to be the successful Asset Manager
- Microsoft Office© applications (Word and Excel) as well as general IT skills are essential.
- Understanding and experience of using databases.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Well organised.
- Must be a team player ready to integrate into high pressure commercial environment.
- Planned & proactive approach to completing tasks to meet schedule requirements.
- Problem solving skills to negotiate unexpected events and problems.
- Asset management experience in an IT environment that covers both IT hardware and software (e.g. licences).
- Administrative and record taking skills.
- Experience using an Asset Management System (AMS).
- Supply chain management.
- Production Line of Balance (LoB) planning.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Asset Manager to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Asset Manager position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.