We are looking for anexperienced Management Accountantto join our client for a6 month contract(6mth + possible extension) in Stratford upon Avon.
Overview and key responsibilities
- To ensure that financial transactions are reflected in the general ledger accurately and on a timely basis, including balance sheet reconciliations and completion of month end reporting requirements
- To ensure that all Sales & Margins are reported accurately, providing support to the Commercial team as required
- To take the lead on customer collections with required aged debt reporting
- Support the business with developing initiatives and other project work as needed
- Weekly aged debt analysis and customer debt control
- Weekly receipts and payments reporting
- Generating sales invoices (non-product)
- Reconciling order and sales information between the sales and finance systems
- Reconciling hedging contracts and market price revaluations
- Accounting / General Ledger Responsibilities
- Assisting with the preparation of Month End Accounts with a focus on gross margin.
- Review of nominal ledger and balance sheet reconciliations analyzing and investigate variances
- Review and preparation of supporting documentation for Month End File
- Ensure all key customer and supplier accounts are reconciled monthly
- Reconcile Sales and Purchase Contract positions
- Work with plant accountant and finance administrator as support as needed
- Other ad hoc requirements as requested
Qualifications / Skills
- Manufacturing background with a process-based food manufacturing environment is an advantage.
- High level of excel literacy is essential.
- Good understanding of and demonstrated commitment to internal control.
- Be able to demonstrate pro-activity, self-motivation, dealing with ambiguity with high integrity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance departments.
- Proven ability to manage priorities, meet deadlines, multi-task with strong analytical skills
Own transport is essential due to the location of the company