Our client is a large, established organisation based in the Newcastle area. The business is looking to recruit a Payroll Team Leader initially on a fixed term basis for a period of 2 years. The role will join an established Payroll function and be responsible for the supervision of a small team and the daily management of end to end payroll processes.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, main responsibilities include:
- Driving Payroll service excellence across end to end payroll processes.
- Working collaboratively with the wider HR team to mitigate any risks in relation to projects concerning payroll.
- Managing and coaching a small team of Payroll administration professionals.
- Effectively allocating workload and monitoring quality of output.
- Be a point of contact for employee queries for matters concerning wages, deductions and attendance.
- Managing the relationship with the external payroll provider to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Identifying process improvements to streamline and improve overall efficiency within the team.
- Completing payroll reports for record-keeping purposes as well as for managerial review in conjunction with the monthly payroll timelines.
- Supporting with the daily duties involved in end to end payroll processing.
- Adhering to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law.
- Deputising for the Payroll Manager.
The successful candidate will:
- Have extensive knowledge of managing end to end payroll processes.
- Be highly organised and have excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to effectively prioritise both individual and the teams workload.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to effectively respond to all escalated payroll queries.
- Be keen to drive process improvements and efficiencies.
- Have the ability to coach and inspire a small team of Payroll Administrators.