We are working with a successfulbusiness in the Leeming Bar area who is looking to appoint a Accounts Ledger Clerkto join their Finance team.
The Accounts Ledger Clerk will manage the running of the companies purchase and sales ledgers, overseeing all banking facilities, ensuring correct and accurate reconciliation.
You will provide valuable information for the preparation of the monthly management accounts so attention to detail and efficient processes are imperative to enable the department to produce accurate and timely information for the Board meetings.
Main responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day banking facilities within the business, includes cash flow management
- Perform daily bank reconciliations
- Correctly post sales invoices, reconcile receipts and customer accounts
- Manage customer credit limits on the company credit insurance portal
- Reconcile large website Paypal and Stripe receipts on customer account.
- Correctly post purchase invoices, reconcile payments and supplier accounts
- Assist with supplier payment runs
- Investigate and efficiently manage supplier and customer queries, requesting or raising credit notes when applicable
- Manage and process new customer credit application forms and new supplier information forms
- Manage and Process W5 duty calculations, submissions, and payment to HMRC
- Manage the monthly deferred income schedule
- Provide cover for other tasks within the department as per the schedule
- Assist with the month-end process including budget vs actual variance analysis
- Assist with the year-end process
- Provide cover for other colleagues
- At least 3 years of working in an accounts environment and ideally studying towards AAT or qualified
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A good knowledge of excel and formulas
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative and take a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Experience of Sage 50 Accounts
Hours & Benefits:
- Full time Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- On-site parking
- Bupa Private Healthcare
- Annual bonus scheme
- Staff discount
- Nest pension scheme