An Import or Export road freight planner - coordinator is required by a major freight forwarder toplan full load consignments from the UK to France, Benelux and Holland. Also someone required on the import side to plan from Benelux back into the UK. This include sourcing haulage and negotiating prices, cooperating with various company offices abroad and colleagues within the UK whilst identifying and exploiting opportunities to increase both profitability and turnover and above all possess a can do attitude.
ROLE: Import or Export road Freight PlannerLOCATION: EssexBASIC SALARY: £26k to £28k
- Export trailer planning of full loads
- Import trailer planning of full loads
- Combining part loads with groupage to ensure the service level expected by customers are
- Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating and assessing any subcontractors ensuring they are approved and fulfil any legal requirements.
- Liaise with other offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
- Communicate with drivers and hauliers
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:Must have experience of either Import or Export road freight trailer planning of full loads from the UK into Europe or from Europe into the UK, Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating, Communicate with drivers and hauliers