Are you working in construction planning or logistics and find yourself seeking a new challenge? Are you keen to join a successful developer that will allow you to make your mark?
Cedar Careers has been appointed to showcase this rare and exciting opportunity within the housing building sector, working for one of the country's major house builders operating across the country as they look to add a Construction Logistics Planner Manager to their team.
This developer has an established reputation for building quality, award-winning homes. They are committed to maintaining high standards across their developments, placing the customer at the heart of everything they do, and are keen to appoint an individual with the same aspirations for excellence.
As Construction Logistics Planner, you will report directly to the Construction Manager however this role role will entail working closely with the technical, commercial and procurement departments. You will play an instrumental role in the pre-construction and planning phase of development activity to ensure commercially optimised development solutions for the business, ensuringsuccessful delivery from land acquisition, construction through to customer handover through the scheduling process.
In this wide and varied role, your key accountabilities will include:
- Supporting Senior team members in documenting key factors to ensure successful delivery from land acquisition, development/infrastructure preparation and construction through to customer handover through the programming and scheduling process.
- Reporting out using Dashboards and summary reports in accordance with the business requirements as and when required.
- Maintain and liaise regular progress reviews and work with our supply chain to provide updates on key milestones and deliveries for materials such as, Timber frames, Kitchens, Brick, Wardrobes and other key aspects from the Construction Programmes.
- Liaising with the supply chain to provide updates and variations to previously supplied plans and work on solutions to these deviations. Preparing reports and schedules for the key milestones.
- Providing on-going support to Divisional Directors, Construction Management, Site and Commercial teams to review progress and highlight concerns at early stages.
- You will be required, where necessary, to visit sites and inspect projects with the site management team, attend Site Meetings when required and align schedules on the key milestones.
- Prepare and manage a plan for our internal site based employed resources, along with agency labour requirements.
We are looking for a person who has experience in Construction planning and kit housebuilding life cycle, with a good knowledge of Project Control processes, ideally qualified in a Construction or Project Control Discipline. You should have a knowledge of MS Project, MS Office and COINS as well as an understanding of the procurement process.
If you are are goal focused, a methodical thinker, have a passion for the industry and think you would be able to add value working for a developer who has a very strong reputation across the industry then we would love to hear from you! An excellent package is available to right candidate including pension, car/allowance, PHC, bonus, flexible benefits.
Interested? Reach out to Samantha today to discuss the finer detail of this role. A full job description can be provided on request.