Fawkes & Reece South are working with a principal contractor who are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to lead a small commercial team to work on a major civil engineering project worth well over £140m. Scope of works will include roughly £14m worth of tree felling, excavation, site clearance and trenches etc.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor your role will be to ensure that commercial duties are being performed in line with a NEC contract. Once the project is complete you will be considered for some of their other local project's.
You will be involved in (but not limited to):
- Accurate monthly forecasting
- Producing and sending enquiries with relevant documentation to subcontractors
- Producing monthly reports and cost value reconciliation
- Managing any changes in a timely manner
- Liaising with operational and engineering staff to ensure site records are kept to the standard required
- Attend weekly progress meeting with subcontractors and the client
- Work collaboratively with the bid and estimating team in relation to any contractual queries.
- Produce and submit any compensation event quotations as
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
Civil Engineering Degree-qualified or equivalent
Experience working as a Quantity Surveyor on infrastructure projects
Experience administering NEC contracts
Member of RICS
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an outstanding working environment, opportunities to progress whatever stage of your career as well as a package that gives you security and recognises your contribution to the business. You will also get the opportunity to work on one of the UK's most exciting projects.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Malvin at Fawkes & Reece Southampton or use the link below