About the Company:
Our client is a major global player in the nuclear industry operating on a UK nuclear licensed site specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services. They are committed to providing a flexible and hybrid working culture for everyone whilst actively seeking ways of working that allow people to grow and thrive in their roles. Our client offers excellent employment conditions such as a generous annual leave allowance and company pension scheme. Inclusion and Diversity is essential to them being able to best serve our business and strive to ensure that no one is treated inappropriately or disrespectfully at the workplace.
My client are committed to Best Practice in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. Black, minority ethnic, disabled and female candidates are currently underrepresented within the HSSE team and are particularly encouraged to apply so we have the widest pool to choose the most suitable candidate from.
You must have experience working in a the following
• Reviewing changes to legislation to assess applicability to and, where relevant, impact on the business.
• Collating information and preparing technical reports on a diverse range of environmental subjects to support permit and wider legislative compliance and continual improvement.
• Checking numerical reports produced to meet statutory reporting requirements prior to submission to the Regulator.
• Reviewing reports and other technical documents produced by Third Party Specialists
• Providing environmental advice across the business including Operations, Maintenance and Projects to ensure that environmental requirements within the management system are addressed appropriately.
• Reviewing and updating environmental management system documents to ensure ongoing compliance with legislative and ISO 14001 requirements.
• Carrying out environmental inspections and audits.
• Supporting in the preparation and management of Regulatory inspections.
• Supporting Learning and Development in the production of effective environmental learning Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
• Graduate level education or equivalent.
• Good knowledge of environmental legislation and supporting guidance.
• Experienced in providing environmental advice across a wide range of environmental subject areas.
• Confident undertaking environmental audits and inspections.
• Experience of working within the requirements of environmental permits an advantage.
• Able to manage own work programme to meet reporting deadlines, carry out investigative studies seeking information and guidance from people and other information sources and make recommendations based on findings.
• Good numeracy skills, including trend analysis and statistics, coupled with attention to detail.
• Ability to understand complex technical information and present the information clearly (verbal and written).
• Able to work effectively with Company IT Tools including Microsoft Office Applications (Excel The role:
To provide environmental advice and guidance across the site to ensure environmental permits (Radioactive Substances Activities and Installations Permits) and other legislative requirements are met and, where reasonably practicable, that best practice solutions are implemented.
During interview we may assess you on the following behavioural competencies
• Driving for results
• Going beyond the data
• Customer Orientation
• Working Collaboratively
• Challenger mentality