Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Are you an experienced H&S Manager looking for a new role? Do you have experience of leading and driving company wide Health and Safety? This role will be predominately based at Tamworth with a view to spending 1 day a week at another site based in the Midlands ensuring compliance with all Company Policies. Offering a salary of £50K + Holidays + Pension + Life assurance
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW via the job board
As a Health and Safety Manager your role will involve but will not be limited to:
- Reporting to the Managing Director of the business
- Ensuring COVID19 Secure Status is reached and maintained. Likewise, for any pandemic situation. Develop and execute environmental, health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines and best practice.
- Prepare and enforce policies, procedures and working instructions to establish a culture of environment, health, and safety.
- Conduct risk reviews, compliance audits and internal assessments.
- Define and develop EHS programs across two sites to ensure continual improvement beyond compliance.
- Prepare and present the EHS management system for certification (ISO14001, ISO50001, ISO45001, etc.)
- Conduct training and presentations for environment, health and safety matters and incident/accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover root causes, create actions to reduce risk and prevent re-occurrence. Provide support forany legal actions taken against the company.
- Evaluates EHS implications of new products, processes, and machinery, including formal authorisation for use and certification (i.e., CE conformity).
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Manage regulatory agencies, 2nd and 3rd party audits, inspections, inquiries, contact and reporting.
- Experienced Health and Safety professional
- Background of working within an Engineering Manufacturing company
- Proven experience of managing Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability
- Excellent communication skills on all levels
- Ability to train other members of staff on safe working practices.
- Full clean driving licence