Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join our clients dynamic operations team in Abercarn.
The team are looking for someone with an exceptional passion for engaging with colleagues at all levels of the business and a desire and hunger to drive a culture forwards. Delivering improvements within Health, Safety and the Environment, through a high level of energy and zeal is essential to being successful in this role.
The role is responsible for all of the Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives and objectives on site so a clear understanding and background in all related requirements is a must.
Main Tasks/Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities
• Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
• Undertaking risk assessments and site inspections ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
• Identifying potential hazards
• Determining ways of reducing risks
• Writing internal Health and Safety SSOW
• Compiling statistics
• Drawing-up safe operational practices and making necessary changes
• Writing reports, bulletins and newsletters
• Providing Health & Safety and Environmental meetings and training courses for employees
• Liaising with relevant authorities
• Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current Health & Safety and Environmental legislation
• Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced
• Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
• Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
• Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
• Preparing Health & Safety and Environmental strategies and developing internal policy
• Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements
• Recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers
• Being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employers industry
• Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively
• A 'can do attitude' with a 'right first time' approach
• A enthusiasm to make Health & Safety and the Environmental engaging so everyone wants to be involved
• Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative
• A relevant professional qualifications e.g. NEBOSH Diploma
• The ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload
• Dynamic with a high level of ability to multi task
• Extensive knowledge of ISO: 14001 Environmental standard
• Extensive knowledge of effective Health and Safety management strategies and best practise
This role will require a team player but also someone who can carry out project work alone when required.
In return, our client offers:
A competitive salary
33 total days holiday per year
Employee Assistance Programme
Regular bespoke training
The Health, Safety and Environment Manager is a key role in the company and vital to its success.
Please apply now and follow the online recruitment process.
The closing date for applications is 5th May 2022.