Health and Safety Advisor
This is mobile position covering a number of sites with Salisbury being a central point.
The key responsibilities of the elected candidate will be to advise local management on all relevant aspects of safety, health, environmental and quality with an emphasis on maintaining sound methods of working and systems to reduce risk on any of the projects.
Key Result Areas
- Reduction in accident frequency and incident rates, working hours lost due to accidents
- All required training completed to annual plan & budget.
- Compliance being met and if possible improved.
- Promotion and achievement of high standards of Occupational Health.
The ideal candidate
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain safety, health, environment and quality processes to a range of people.
- Negotiating skills to convince managers/supervisors and operatives of the need to implement and maintain safety standards across the organisation.
- Open and honest with a collaborative approach.
- The ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately.
- Able to demonstrate your ability to change and improve the compliance and safety standards of a team and their processes.
- An outstanding communicator with a keen eye for detail, competent to drive change in compliance reporting, processes and take lead on audits and investigations.
- Up to date knowledge/experience on H&S legislations.
- A driving licence essential for the job as the role will involve travel between sites.
- NEBOSH Certification or equivalent H&S Qualification (or working towards)
- IT Skills.
- £38,000- £42,000
- Company car or Car allowance
- 23 days Annual Leave