Quality, Safety and Environmental Co-Ordinator
(QSHE) Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental Manager
£ 30,000 to £ 35,000 D.O.E.
To support the application and development of QSE systems and culture in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. This is a critical Operations based technical support role, that will require a hands-on, technical, and methodical approach.
Role will suit an experienced, organised, and dynamic individual with strong background in QSE systems and proven leadership and co-ordination skills.
- Responsible for the day-to day management of the Quality Control Laboratory, leading and mentoring a team of 5 Quality Inspectors during the transition from Quality Control to Quality Assurance.
- Co-ordinate the QC and UN test programme schedule and work closely with technical teams on product development opportunities.
- Pro-actively identify Quality improvement opportunities by collating, analysing, and presenting Quality performance data, ensuring it becomes the driving force for continual improvement.
- To be a key member of the Operations team, leading QSE improvement initiatives involving Quality and Operations members, facilitating training as appropriate and monitoring the effectiveness and impact on operational performance.
- Co-ordinate Quality and technical based projects, from initial concept through to development and issue of specifications, works instructions etc.
- Manage the containment of Quality concerns from all stakeholders, followed by co-ordination and leadership of root cause investigations, monitoring through effective corrective action implementation to close-out.
- Support the application of the QSE system within the Operations, ensuring the system, it’s procedures and practices are part of the day-to-day operations and culture.
- Support continued maintenance of the QSE Management systems to ISO 9001, 14001 and BRC.
- To provide support and deputise for the QSE Manager and team.
Educational and professional:
- Degree in chemical or a technical discipline preferred, HND considered.
- Experience as a Quality Leader or Co-Ordinator within a manufacturing environment essential (plastics preferred but not essential)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Strong working knowledge of ISO 9001, BRC, ISO 14001 essential
- Strong understanding of Statistical techniques, including CPK and the analysis of data
- Supervisory experience
- Strong decision-making skills, based on factual data and analysis trends.
- Working knowledge of Quality tools (SPC, lean, 5S, 8D) essential
- PC knowledge essential, including full Microsoft package (word, excel, vision, PowerPoint) and AutoCAD preferred
- Project management, problem solving, organisational and communication skills essential.
- Multi-tasking, methodical, focussed, analytical.
- CMM programming experience an advantage.