Fawkes and Reece are now assisting in the search for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a Regional Main Contractor out of their Oxford office. They're looking for an experienced surveyor who can confidently commercially lead projects valued in excess of £20mil.
The contractor is one which works predominantly in the health care, education, commercial and leisure sectors, carrying out both new build and refurbishment projects.
The successful applicant will be based out of the Oxford office with projects anywhere within a 1 hour radius of Oxford.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Attending pre-commencement / pre-contract meetings
- Attend meetings regarding all financial control procedures associated with the design development to ensure the recording of perceived risks and opportunities in the bid as required.
- Financial reporting and control
- Continually monitor and review, in detail costs and values of the works at hand.
- Commercial forecasting
- Ensure that the financial reports are produced and submitted in line with the company's reporting timetable.
- Attend regular review and commercial control meetings.
- Liaise closely with the Design and Project Management leads to ensure cross control
- Management of Risk
- Management of contract variations
- Contract Review and production Meetings
- Main Contract and External Valuations and Final Accounts
- Management of Consultants and Subcontractors
- Feedback to the Commercial manager of any price elements or unit prices which are considered to be seriously at variance with cost, giving details of shortfall.
- Provide constructive comments on improving efficiency
The ideal Senior Quantity Surveyor will have:
- A construction related degree or equivalent qualification
- At least 8 years experience post degree
- Experience managing a team of Surveyors
- Experience as the commercial lead on a project circa £20mil
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Regional Main Contractor with a real family feel. They provide real progression opportunities and have a history of longevity with their staff.
If you feel you'd be a suitable applicant, please apply direct through the link below or call the office for a confidential chat.