We are currently dealing with a major Engineering contractor who are looking to expand the team in Birmingham by recruiting two Cost Clerks in, one working on the Birmingham Eastside Extension Project, and the other working on the Wednesbury to Brierly Hill Metro Extension Project. Within this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Commercial team by monitoring and scheduling site records to facilitate cost control and reporting function.
Within the role of Cost Clerk your responsibilities include but are not limited to.
- Processing Goods Received notes (GRNS) for labour, plant, and materials
- Processing and recording Daily Allocation Sheet information on to resource tracking schedules
- Recording of labour/plat/material, and subcontract costs including site returns
- Maintaining site cost records, GRNs, and plant tickets, etc.
- Analysing/ resolving delivery queries
- Support the Senior Quantity Surveyor with Valuation and Measurement of Labour Only Subcontractors
- As you will expect the organization may change from time to time and you will be expected to meet the operational requirements
- A business, finance, or construction commercial qualification preferred
- Working in a finance or commercial function within the engineering or construction sector
- Knowledge of finance systems
- Cost and budget administration
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
As mentioned, this position as Cost Clerk is based in Birmingham so could suit candidates in the surrounding areas such as Coventry or Wolverhampton, or Derby. If this position is of interest, dont hesitate to contact Erin at Critical Project Resourcing.