Site Manager - Intermediate level
Salary £45,000 + Car Allowance £3,000 + 22 Days Holiday + Medical Insurance + Pension
Blaymires Recruitment is representing a respected building contractor based near Basingstoke who is searching for a Site Manager to join the team.
The company has a reputation for delivering refurbishment and new build projects and have successfully completed new build bespoke dwellings, listed building conversions and period property refurbishments with project values ranging up to £5 Million.
As Site Manager you will work as part of a team, under the direction of the Contracts Manager, to deliver projects to the highest standard and to contribute to the overall success of the customer experience.
- To plan and coordinate daily and weekly activities for up to 2 to 3 weeks in advance, including resources and labour in line with project information and the construction programme.
- To manage all activities on site related to the project with some guidance from the Contracts Manager, but increasingly able to demonstrate initiative and self- reliance.
- To manage the site with the minimum of disruption to the client and to ensure that team members, including subcontractors, conduct themselves appropriately at all times.
- To plan and manage the project with consideration to financial efficiencies with regard to the
- sequencing of activities and the use of labour and plant.
- To ensure that expectations of workmanship are explained clearly to your team.
- To be aware of all relevant SHE legislation with regards to statutory compliance.
- To develop basic procedures for producing, updating, collating and storing all relevant project
- information in line with company policy, procedure and legislation.
- To demonstrate effective communication using email and the written form.
Knowledge & Skills
- A Trade Apprenticeship.
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme Certificate (SMSTS).
- First Aid Certificate.
- Awareness of standard pre-construction processes and relevant SHE regulations.
- Basic Excel or programming software.
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative.
- Able to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Able to understand the importance of maintaining high levels of client satisfaction and can
- demonstrate strategies to manage these expectations.
- 3-5 years trade experience.
- Site Supervisor experience.
- Involvement in the Apprentice mentoring programme (desirable).
- Salary up to £45,000.
- £3,000 per annum car allowance.
- 22 days holiday (excl. 8 Bank Holidays).
- Statutory pension.
- Individual PMI, Key Cover.
- 5 days sick benefit.
- 07:30 17:00 Monday Thursday
- 07:30 16:00 Friday
To find out more about this role contact Stephen Blaymires at Blaymires Recruitment on 07498 987 851 / 02380 972 394.