About the company:
Our client has a specialist service and maintenance team with vast mechanical handling knowledge. Delivering the long-term stability to theire customers systems, which is vital for continued performance.
Whether it is a tailored service contract that is required to pro-actively ensure onsite continuity and increase equipment longevity, or if maintenance work is required.
- Main Purpose of Job
Site managers are responsible for ensuring that a project is completed safely, on time and within budget.
To Manage Installation and Maintenance services to the Service and construction Department with the execution of both large and small projects in the UK and abroad.
- Principle Accountabilities
- Effectively manage site to current CDM regulations and best practice
- Produce and maintain Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Lift Plans and Safe Systems of Work
- Plan and where necessary arrange man power, order plant and equipment for use on projects
- Set up site and its safety systems
- Assist in formation and agreement of project programs
- Maintain all site safety including making safety inspections, ensuring company policy and procedure is adhered to
- supervising and overseeing the direction of the project (or a package), ensuring that the client’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and liaising with Projects Managers/Engineers to monitor costs
- liaising with the client, other construction professionals and, sometimes, members of the public
- coordinating and supervising construction workers
- Compiling site reports, designs and drawings
- maintaining quality control procedures
- assessing and minimising risk
- Operating site permit systems
- Key Skills + Experience
- Hold a Supervisory Qualification (SMSTS, NVQ or Equivalent.)
- Previous experience in managing site operatives on mechanical installation / construction projects
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office programs
- City & Guilds/NVQ qualified in mechanical trade, preferably with mechanical engineering installation Experience
- Able to read and understand mechanical engineering drawing
- Personal Qualities
- Flexible and approachable
- Hard working
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Good timekeeping
- 3. General Working Arrangements
- The role is predominately site based within the UK
- The role may involve being “On Call” outside of normal working hours
- The role will involve working outside of normal hours e.g. weekends, nights etc.
- Specific projects may involve travel outside of the UK
- The Site Manager is expected to be flexible in managing working time and undertaking reasonable additional work when necessary to deliver project requirements on time and to the required standard.
- The Site Manager will report the progress of work to the Construction Manager/Contracts Manager or his nominated Person who will assist with technicalities of any reports.
- All hours worked to be recorded on timesheets and submitted to the Clerical Supervisor weekly