Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Woodford Architecture and Interiors are an architecture and interior design practice seeking a professional and approachable interior designer to join our team working on high end residential projects predominantly in the South West and further afield.
We are looking for someone with experience in a similar role. Only those that meet the below criteria please apply.
The successful candidate will provide support to two Directors, and an architectural team and must be experienced in co-ordinating multiple tasks while responding to changing deadlines.
The role will include a very varied workload; liaising with clients, contractors and suppliers, drawing plans and elevations in CAD, working on design presentations in InDesign, procuring for projects, estimating procurement budgets, assisting in arranging client Itineraries when needed, helping to maintain and organise the sample libraries, and occasionally answering phones. Time management, communication, diligence and organisation skills are essential.
- 3 years experience of working on residential buildings, new build and listed.
- 3 years experience working for an interior design or architectural practice.
- Proficient in CAD (AutoCAD LT) and preparation of plans, elevations and furniture layouts.
- Preparation of presentation reports in InDesign.
- Experience in presenting to clients.
- Experience in running interior design projects.
- Confident in the selection of all interior finishes; paint, flooring, tiling, etc.
- Confident in specifying drapes, blinds, and other soft furnishings, liaising with curtain/ soft furnishing manufacturers and completing soft furnishings schedules.
- Confident in specifying and reviewing ironmongery schedules.
- Confident in specifying and reviewing lighting plans and schedules.
- Completing electrical layout plans.
- Setting up trade accounts, ordering requested samples, obtaining proformas and managing the procurement of loose furniture and fittings.
- The ability to take responsibility, meet project deadlines, to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as your role will require you to liaise with clients/contractors/consultants on a day to day basis.
- Proactive in identifying issues or problems.
- Ability to think logically and look for alternative solutions
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi task under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills tailored for a professional environment
- Punctual, driven, self-motivated and confident
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good Knowledge of Adobe programs InDesign and Photoshop
- Confident driver with use of own car
- Professional and presentable
- Helpful and positive, willing to get involved in a wide variety of tasks and projects
- Meticulous attention to detail