Junior Web Designer
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom (remote working available)
Responsible to: Head of Project Management Department: Web Development Team Type: Full Time Salary: £20k - £25K DOE
Who We Are Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the worlds top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home. Job Purpose: To conceptualise design ideas, design and create layouts of overall look and feel of our clients web sites, corporate identity and promotional material within the framework of contractually agreed projects. With respect to any designed material, the designer is responsible for ensuring that the work is of a high standard and accurately produced and checked or tested in accordance with the companys quality policy. Duties and Responsibilities (Specific)
Job Description Junior Designer
- Ensure that the design meets the requirements of the supplied brief, is in keeping with any existing corporate branding and will work for the defined target media and audience. To this end it will on occasion be necessary to liaise with the client by phone, in project meetings and e-mail.
- Optimisation of graphics to produce best results without compromising quality.
- Awareness of the key technical issues when designing for screen file types, supporting material, fonts and typography, printing and display processes and colour issues.
- Awareness of hours to implement specific tasks when designing/conceptualising thus being sympathetic to budget restraints.
- Every effort should be made to preserve the integrity of the source files created by adherence to any Configuration Management and Backup System employed. Whenever a file is being worked upon, care should be taken to ensure that previous changes are not lost or overwritten.
- When projects are drawing to completion, it is the responsibility of the individual to check the work for mistakes such as spelling, grammar, dead hyperlinks, wrong e-mail addresses, missing images etc.
- Keep aware of current design trends and processes that will improve and influence the visual language of the designs and concepts produced. Skills Required Software Packages: ? Photoshop ? Illustrator ? MS Office Working Practice (General) It is expected that all employees are able to work unsupervised for the majority of the time, seeking advice, support from other members of the team as appropriate.
- will ensure that assigned tasks are completed to the required standard.
- will endeavour to complete assigned tasks within the required time-scales wherever possible attention being paid to both the delivery time for the project and elapsed time of the task and generally take a responsible attitude to making effective use of their time during the working day.