Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
UI Software Developer
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Global Demo Engineering provides Customers, Partners and Cisco Employees with a way to Experience Cisco Solutions on the dCloud Platform.
By demonstrating to customers how Cisco products can make them more productive, sales teams and partners can enlarge sales opportunities and shorten the sales cycle. From scripted, repeatable demos to fully customizable labs with complete administrative access, the Cisco dCloud platform provides content and access to field and channel partners on any network (internal & external), any device and in any location. The dCloud Platform is a force that can not only improve people's experiences but can also drive business.
The Developer - UI position is a web developer role focused on our XaaS Platform.
The position works with other developers alongside a team of skilled software engineers, technical leads, architects, project management, quality assurance, and other stakeholders to translate a product vision into an intuitive, attractive end-user experience.
- 5+ years of UI software development experience delivering enterprise software products that meet or exceed expectations, on time and with a high degree of quality.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience with Redux state management.
- Excellent UI development skills with a proven track record and portfolio.
- Experience with using build tools such as Webpack, Yarn, npm.
- A fan and advocate of Testing in general (unit testing, BDD and automation) and experience with tools such as Jest, React Testing Library, Enzyme and Cypress.
- Ability to work as part of a remote team. Familiar with working with team members across multiple locations.
- Good understanding of Git processes and tools.
- Good understanding of accessibility and web standards.
- Knowledge of CSS techniques such as BEM and CSS Modules.
- Understanding of CI/CD tools and processes.
- Understanding of cloud-based software development, deployment and management considered an advantage.
- Experience working as part of a Scrum development team and actively participating in Agile ceremonies.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.