We are hiring! Due to an internal promotion, the Technology Delivery Team within Digital Technology Services (DTS) needs an additional Project Manager. This is a great opportunity for someone with a background in delivering technology projects who is ready to take the next step on their career journey.
The Project Manager plays a key role delivering projects which ensure that Centrica's technology platforms remain, current supportable and cost effective. You will own and develop key business and DTS relationships necessary to ensure the outcomes required from the project are delivered. You will lead a team of technical people typically in a matrix organisation frequently including suppliers.
Technology is pivotal to our success, it's the engine room of Centrica. Technology enables us to increase the efficiency of systems, products, and services and most importantly, it allows us to work flexibly and safely with our customers and colleagues to meet changing needs, this role plays a real part in making this possible. The DTS team is a great place to work with a strong focus on Diversity, inclusion and developing talent. Come and join us and develop your talents while contributing to this growing company with a mission to help our customers live, sustainably, simply, and affordably.
Location: This role can be based anywhere in the UK with occasional travel to our office in Windsor
Package: Competitive base salary plus annual bonus, healthcare, pension and 25 days holiday
What will you be doing?
- Manages the delivery of projects which contribute to a single set of outcomes for the business.
- Assume overall ownership of the project plan, budget, and scope, taking accountability for delivery of the required outcomes and benefits to time, cost and quality requirements.
- Work with all areas of the business including supporting functions to develop a project vision, business case, scope, budget, plan and organisation to achieve the project vision, outcomes and benefits.
- Establish and run effective project governance to drive decision making, identifying, and removing obstacles to progress supported by comprehensive reporting.
- Manage the project risks, issues, and dependencies across the workstreams within the project and the wider DTS change agenda, devising mitigating actions where required..
- Manage the delivery and relationships with internal functions and the contractual relationship with third party suppliers.
- Plan resourcing for the project to ensure there are adequate resources, including contingency arrangements, to deliver commitments.
To be great, you will need to:
- Be able to create a compelling project vision and motivate multiple technical teams to deliver the required outcome.
- Have good stakeholder collaboration skills across the business and can engage with and influence shared services teams and the operational teams
- Be able to build credibility and create a sense of community within the project teams
- Have a experience of project delivery in a technical environment
- Have experience of collaborating with and managing 3rd part suppliers including offshore
- Have knowledge of programme and project methodologies (e.g. MSP, Waterfall, Agile) and able to work in hybrid methodologies when appropriate.
- Be familiar with IT control frameworks such as: ITIL, PRINCE program and project management etc.
- Familiarity with the Service Now ITBM project management modules would be an advantage but is not essential