Milk Education are working in partnership with a SEND school in Jesmond, Newcastle to recruit a Learning Support Assistants to start after the Easter holidays. The working hours for this position are 8.30am-3.30pm (32.5 hours per week) term time only.
The School set out to make a difference to the learning, wellbeing and future life chances of children with additional needs. Teachers, therapists and special/learning support assistants work together in trans-disciplinary teams to meet the individual needs of every pupil.
The main role of the LSA is to work as part of a team as directed by the Class Teacher or Therapist, to support children's care and learning. Good communication and organisation skills are essential. Experience of behaviour management, knowledge of deafness and British Sign Language or experience of integrated work with children or adults with PMLD would be an advantage. It is a unique environment where no two days are the same.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
• Person centred, either one-to-one or two-to-one support with a student within the classroom environment.
• Participate in the creative planning and implementation of all aspects of the children’s curriculum.
• Support students out in the community and on educational visits.
• Support the learners to maximise learning in crucial life skills, meet their goals and aspirations through communication, independence and participation.
• Work closely with teachers, other LSAs and therapists to meet the needs of our students.
To apply for this role, you MUST have experience of working with children or vulnerable adults in the past two years (voluntary work also accepted)
The Milk Difference:
We are an environmentally-friendly education supply agency providing quality talent to local schools across the North of England. Milk Education brings a fresh approach with traditional values to the Education Recruitment Sector.
Applicants will be subject to variety of checks including: an enhanced DBS check, full references, including from your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Apply via the link below or send your CV to