Job Title: Progress Tutor
Location: Roles Available at both Rotherham and Worksop locations.
Pay Rate: £18,394 per Annum (based on 37 hours per week 42 weeks)
Options for hours:
Part time, 18.5 hours, Rotherham
Part time, 22.5 hours, Rotherham
Part time, 18.5 hours, Worksop
Full time, 37 hours, Worksop
Length of the contract: Permanent
Grafton Recruitment are now seeking to appoint a Progress Tutor for our client based in both Rotherham and Worksop. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of supporting students beyond purely the academic. You will have experience of planning and delivering high quality tutorial provision. You will also be able to demonstrate the lead role you have played in promoting the personal development of students, enabling them to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to progress on to their next steps. In this role, not only will you provide pastoral support and guidance for personal and academic issues to students within a designated curriculum area, but you will plan and deliver tutorials on a 1:1 and group basis on a wide range of topics to support the learning journey.
Duties of the Progress Tutor
- To plan for and deliver 1:1 and group tutorials in collaboration with curriculum staff and skills and Employability Tutors.
- Prepare high quality and useful learning materials which are aligned to curriculum delivery and the needs of student groups.
- To work closely with students and identify reasons for underperformance (attendance, achievement and progression) and implement strategies which support personal development and remove barriers to learning.
- To work and communicate effectively with the curriculum team, support departments, parents/carers and external agencies to help facilitate necessary support interventions for students.
- To set high expectations for students at all times in order to help prepare them for their next steps.
- To offer high quality pastoral support and guidance for academic and personal issues which students may encounter.
- To prepare students for progression within and develop their skills to overcome barriers.
- To help prepare students for work and/or progression, including UCAS applications and HEPPSY programmes.
- Hold a key responsibility for the safeguarding of the students in your curriculum area.
- Act as an advocate for the student if required and promptly refer to other internal and external agencies as required.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records including destination data using systems (ProMonitor and Navigate).
- To encourage participation in wider college life, including student voice activities and regular participation in enrichment opportunities.
- Experience of working with and supporting a range of client groups.
- Experience in creating and delivering group and 1:1 tutorial sessions.
- To have experience of working with young adults with a range of personal, social and educational needs.
- Experience of dealing with employers and work placements.
- Experience of identifying barriers, providing appropriate solutions and putting support measures in place to promote achievement, progression, and employability.
- A relevant guidance or counselling qualification or willingness to undertake is desirable but not essential.
- Teaching qualification.
- Level 3 Qualification in relevant subject.
- First Aid qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Familiarity with computer applications such as Google and Office 365 particularly word processing, PowerPoint and Google Classroom.
- Knowledge and understanding of pre and post 16 education and training.
- The ability to work in a demanding environment, whilst remaining calm and focused.
Hiring Contact: Chloe Peasgood
Agency: Grafton Recruitment
If you would like any further information about any vacancies before applying, please feel free to contact