Who are we
AppDynamics University creates and delivers engaging and innovative learning solutions to help customers, partners, and employees make the most of AppDynamics Application Performance Monitoring.
We are currently seeking a technical instructor to join our distributed team.
About the Role-Technical Training Instructor
- Lead full days of training to audiences that can include customers, partners and AppDynamics employees.
- Perform remote and/or onsite training using various collaborative instructing methods.
- Collaborate with the content development team to define course structure and content to produce high quality training.
- Support the content development team with course content and lab reviews, delivery of Alpha and Beta instructs, and act as Subject Matter Authority where required.
- Establish relationships across teams to drive innovation and meet goals.
- Learn and quickly master new product features.
- Use dynamic presentation skills to engage your students.
- Perform administrative responsibilities for the classes you are conducting.
- Participate in cross functional projects.
- Mentor other instructors on your areas of expertise.
- Flexibility in work hours that may span across multiple time zones.
Travel: Instructor-led (ILT) training is delivered almost exclusively as virtual delivery using Cisco WebEx at the moment. Once travel restrictions are lifted, an instructor is expected to travel a minimum of 50%.
Who Are You
You are a high energy, self-starter that has a passion for education. Instructors engage people with varying degrees of skill levels so instructors must be patient yet focused on the student as well as the subject matter. Additionally, the right candidate possesses the following
- High quality presentation, instructing, communication, and classroom management skills.
- Self-starter who is accountable, disciplined, and an organized problem solver.
- Experience delivering multi-day courses supported with hands-on activities.
- Strong understanding of cloud-based applications and the underlying architecture of SaaS environments.
- Happy working independently with generally only remote contact to the larger team
- Technical background using Java, .NET or other technologies.
- Familiarity with software coding languages.
- Understanding of modern web-based application architectures.
- Passion for education!
Good to have
Why Cisco AppDynamics!
- Experience managing and explaining Cloud-based Container technologies
- Practical experience of Windows and Linux Command-line environments
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 5+ years experience delivering software application training
- English speaker, additional expertise in French or German desirable.
If the award-winning culture at Cisco AppDynamics is not enough to entice you, here are some more reasons that would make you excited to get out of bed and raring to go each morning:
We are passionate about supporting our team to achieve their goals, so we aim to dedicate one day a week to personal and team development. In this time, you will learn new skills to stay up to date with the latest technologies, features and methodologies to expand your potential.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.