Finance Officer (Income Clerk)
Finance Officer (Income Clerk)
London, W2 (with travel as required between our hospital sites and a minimum of two days a week in the office)
Were Imperial Health Charity, an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. We support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlottes & Chelsea, St Marys and the Western Eye.
Due to an increase in demands on our operations, we are now looking for a Finance Officer to join our outstanding team.
- Salary of £29,237 - £32,315 (starting on £29,237)
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days
- An extra days holiday to be taken one week either side of your birthday
- Support towards healthcare costs including eye tests and dental and support with mental health through counselling; additional access to gym discounts
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Pension (with contributions of 10%)
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity and adoption leave
- Staff arts club including free entry to London galleries
- Access to a range of high street and online discounts
- Sick pay
This is an exciting opportunity for a finance professional to join our dedicated organisation where your fundamental work will help to further our impact on hospitals.
We are driven by the desire to make a positive difference to patient care in our hospitals and to do that we need the right people in our team. Your work of managing and processing donations will be key to ensuring we are able to continue this vital work.
So, if you are enthusiastic, organised and thrive on finding great solutions to any problem, we want to hear from you!
As the Finance Officer, you will manage our income processes within the finance function, primarily focusing on donated income.
Reconciling various sources of donation income, system data and bank receipts, you will ensure income is recorded in our CRM system and any irregularities are investigated.
You will be involved in a wide variety of finance activities from transaction processing and reconciliations to sales ledger, banking and system administration.
Additionally, you will:
- Process, post and reconcile statement to cashbook entries
- Process donation income entries and receipts
- Reconcile donation income, donors control account, investment income and various data
- Manage quarterly invoice schedules
- Process incoming sales invoices and grants requests
- Manage the mail, including opening and sorting physical mail and managing the finance email inbox
- Manage credit control, ensuring outstanding balances are paid and followed up on time
- Process receipts, banking done at the hospitals and bank and code cheques
- Participate in ad hoc finance projects
To be considered as our Finance Officer, you will need:
- Experience working in the finance industry
- A high level of speed and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- To be a problem solver
- To be well organised in managing and dealing with various tasks
Please note, CVs and cover letters are not accepted.
The closing date for this role is 10:00pm, 17th May 2022.
Other organisations might call this position Finance Administration Officer, Accounts Officer, Business and Finance Officer, Finance Administrator, Senior Accounts Assistant, Finance Clerk, Ledger Clerk, or Accounts Clerk.
Webrecruit and Imperial Health Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if youre ready for a new and exciting opportunity as a Finance Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.