Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world's transition to clean energy.
Job Summary:1. The production technician (operator) is responsible for processing raw material into marketable, on-spec product by operating plant equipment and controlling the chemical process in a safe and efficient manner. Progression in this role is defined by the incumbent's job knowledge and performance. Position development requires that the job in each area of the plant be learned and personnel safety is not threatened.
Key Job Elements:
1. Develop a thorough understanding of the equipment, the process, and the interdependence of sections of the plant.
2. Assure that the process is operated in a safe manner and that appropriate corrective action is taken as needed.
3. Operation of valves, and/or instruments to adjust fluid levels, flows, temperatures, pressures, speed of equipment, and starting/stopping of mechanical equipment.
4. Operator makes the necessary operating adjustments via instrumentation, equipment, or chemical additions to maintain product specifications.
5. Requires documentation, record keeping, and accurate, thorough communication (written and verbal) with co-workers, supervisors and other crews of technicians. Includes issuing work orders for equipment deficiencies as noticed and accurate timesheet submittals.
6. Maintains effective communication and working relationships with operations, maintenance, and technical department personnel. Coordinates the operation with related jobs within the plant and routinely checks e-mails to keep informed.
7. Mobilize quickly using good judgment and without acting impulsively.
8. The job requires frequent standing, walking, climbing (ladders, stairs), and the ability to lift 50-75 lbs. occasionally.
9. The ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals is critical to a satisfactory job performance.
10. Teamwork is an essential function of this job, as the daily tasks are distributed between technicians and may also require coordination with supervision and other plant areas, as well as, subcontractors working in the area.
11. High degree of reliability, dedication, intelligence and knowledge of company policies and regulations are necessary to perform this job.
12. Applicant must have the ability to work in a continuous operating environment (12-hour rotating shifts).
13. Position requires following specific instructions and procedures and the ability to act on one's own initiative and work independently and under conditions of high interdependency.
14. Other duties as assigned by shift supervisor.
15. Candidate must pass pre-employment screening examinations and assessments.
16. It is an expectation that all Production Technician operators achieve a Tech 4 status.
1. Minimum H.S. diploma or GED, 2 years trade school or college education preferred.
2. Experience handling industrial and agricultural chemicals in a chemical complex is desirable.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK