The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the calculation and processing of employee time for bi-weekly payroll, and all payroll reporting requirements.
Reports to the Payroll Manager
- Update payroll records by entering changes in for exemptions, pay rates, direct deposit, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions and taxable wages.
- Process and close periodic payrolls.
- Prepare various payroll reports/statistics.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Process and issue annual W-2 forms.
- Process outside income receipts, including posting to General Ledger.
- Assist with audit work papers.
- Assist with processing of Accounts Payable.
- Follow Accounting department policies and procedures.
- Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy and procedures.
- Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training & accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to SC Way customer service philosophy.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate degree in Accounting preferred.
- General accounting/payroll and Excel experience required.
- Confidentiality required.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must behave in professional manner at all times.
Normal office environment.