The University Marketing and Communications is currently accepting applications for a University Photographer.
Serves as staff photographer for selected University oriented periodicals, publications, web site and special events as assigned by the Executive Director of University Marketing and Communications, University Advancement, the President's Office, Media Relations, Web and Interactive Communications, and various departments around campus as requested.
-Assists in the marketing efforts to promote photographic services throughout the University.
-Assists internal and external clients with photographic needs for use in books, magazines, brochures, newsletters, the web, and other publications.
1. High School graduation or equivalent.
2. Any combination totaling five (5) years from the following categories:
(a) progressively more responsible work experience in professional photographic work
(b) college course work in photography, digital manipulation and processing or a closely related field, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours equals one (1) year
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years
1. Thorough knowledge of digital photography and lighting.
2. Knowledge and skill in still digital post-production involving digital image capture and manipulation and in the operation of the hardware and software used in the process, including digital color management; AND
3. Operating a wide variety of computer equipment in the creation and manipulation of photographic images, slide scanners, flatbed scanners, and digital cameras
4. Knowledge of a Macintosh operating system and software, specifically Photoshop, WebDAM(photo archival system), LightRoom, and Microsoft Office; AND
5. Operating a professional grade digital camera, lenses, studio and on-location lighting.
6. Must demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
7. Must work well independently to organize and prioritize work assignments, as well as collaborate and work well as part of a team.
8. Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
9. Experience shooting photos for use on websites, social media, and online platforms.
10. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups of students, faculty, and staff.
8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Frequent nights and weekends required.
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
This position requires frequent (daily), standing, walking, sitting, lifting (over 50lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, speaking, hearing, seeing, depth perception and color vision. Cart, van and dollies are available to aid in transportation of equipment.
$20 - $24.50 per hour
For application requirements and to apply, click "apply" today!