Job Title: Grande Vista Retail Associate
Reports To: Food & Beverage Promotions Manager
Summary: The GV Retail Associate is tasked with selling gift shop merchandise to customers. This role unpacks, verifies, and inspects received goods advising management of any damaged items or incorrect orders. The GV Retail Associate prepares goods for display, remerchandising often in an appealing fashion, for holidays and/or special hotel events. He/she will also sort and distribute items to the appropriate department requesting them, advising management of interdepartmental cost allocations.
The GV Retail Associate will also be responsible for supporting the Concierge and Pool Towel Attendant, working alongside these staff members, or covering their areas on an as needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow opening and closing checklists.
- Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to all who come into the gift shop.
- Ability to perceive the needs of the customer and show them appropriate merchandise.
- When the sale is made, collect payments and hand over the receipt to the customer.
- Process returns, exchanges, and refunds, verifying customer identification as required.
- Maintain appropriate cash levels in cash drawer, turn in all monies and receipts, and ensure deposits/cash drops are verified.
- Arrange merchandise in an appealing fashion, frequently remerchandising to showcase certain items as desired. Frequently add décor to promote holidays and/or special resort events.
- Unpack, tag, and restock merchandise as needed. Check expiration dates frequently.
- Constantly monitor inventory for the repurchasing of merchandise in a timely fashion.
- Assist the Food & Beverage Promotions Manager with the purchasing of new items based on guest feedback.
- Keep gift shop and all storage areas neat and tidy at all times.
- Assist Concierge with gathering and tracking items needed for amenities, assisting in preparation of the amenities as needed.
- Assist Pool Towel Attendant with distribution and collection of towels as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with confidence. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience preferred
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements Knowledge
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Must have knowledge of current industry trends and be comfortable experimenting with new promotional ideas
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple guests and operational demands with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, and holidays
Key Competencies include strong work ethic, negotiating and closing, attention to detail, relationship builder, multi-tasker, problem analysis and solving, excellent communicator, confidentiality, and integrity. Adhering to our Core Values includes being guest-centric, teamwork, respect, pro-active, accountable, learning, and sustainable.