Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Lead 3D Digital Artist
Answers in Genesis / Hebron - Hebron, KYJob Category
Attractions DesignPosition Type
The Lead 3D Digital Artists (L3DA) role is to take concepts from the Director of Attractions Design (DAD), Senior Project Designer/Art Director (SPDAD) and/or Project Designers/Art Directors and turn them into 3D models that can then be turned into exhibits, dioramas, themed attractions, exhibit pre-visualization, etc. They will work closely with the Supervising Art Director (SAD) to ensure models are made to the highest quality and serve the technical needs of the project. Along with this, they will manage a team of 3D artists per the projects needs, and maintain the 3D Print Room. This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.Responsibilities
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments
- Produce 3D models for use in permanent, temporary or previsualization/conceptual exhibit settings this would include and not be limited to the 3D models end result for sculpting, mold making, casting, painting, concept design, interior and exterior design, concept illustration, outside vendor art direction, on site installation and art direction.
- Manage, organize and keep the 3D printing room clean.
- Manage, as needed, a team of either inhouse 3D sculptors or remote contract 3D sculptors.
- Able to manage files and assets for projects.
- Responsible to oversee or complete base level cleaning of parts.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
- Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Regularly attends a local Bible-believing church.
- Ensure adherence to quality and performance goals for the projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work well under pressure, determine priorities and product results
- Must have a good understanding of human anatomy to be able to sculpt different people of varying ages and ethnicities.
- Must have a good understanding of animal anatomy to be able to sculpt various creatures in varying styles for the need of each project.
- Basic working knowledge of mold-making is required along with hands on experience with actual mold-making is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Zbrush.
- Good understanding of translating digital object into the real world. This would include parts being molded/cast, final use parts that get cleaned and painter, either of which may be CNCed or 3d printed.
- Good understanding of 3D modeling for architectural/geometric objects.
- Work creatively with others.
- Able to support/defend your ideas to others and be open to feedback provided.
- Work as a team member with the ministrys objective.
- Mission focused and motivated.
- Able to multitask.
Items Needed for Possible Employment
- A degree in art is preferred, but a strong portfolio and substantial, relevant work experience is critical.
- At least 5 years of experience in graphic, exhibit, theme park, and/or entertainment design.
- 5 years experience in professional digital sculpting.
- Completion of on-line application, https://answersingenesis.org
- Salary Requirements
- Salvation Testimony
- Creation Belief Statement
- Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith
- Completion of a Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen