Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Customer Service Rep
POSITION Customer Service Representative
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Salary / Non-Exempt
LOCATION Irving, TX
The Customer Service Representative communicates with customers by phone, fax and/or email and receives orders and/or instructions from customers which are entered accurately into computer. Responsible for managing difficult or emotional customer situations and responds promptly to customer needs and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Fills out contract forms, determines charges for service requested, advises if deposit required, prepares change of address records, and issues order confirmations or cancellations.
- Follows up on order shipment and delivery for 100% customer satisfaction.
- Solicits sale of new or additional services.
- Adjusts complaints concerning billing, shortages/overages, or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation.
- Works cross functionally with other facility and corporate departments.
- Conforms to TS16949, ISO and Sarbanes Oxley work instructions and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Effectively speaks, writes and presents clearly with persuasion. Receives ideas, information and direction (both oral and written) positively. Seeks to clarify and confirm understanding if any instructions or terms are unfamiliar or vague.
- Develops relationships with assigned departments/divisions/customers/vendors; understands and responds to customer needs; displays positive posture and attitude when dealing with others, regardless of their diverse background, level, or status.
- Identifies problems and causes; analyzes and generates best alternative solutions; makes timely, sound and appropriate decisions even under conditions of risk and uncertainty.
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Establishes constructive work relations; fosters team spirit; builds support and alliances between and among departments/divisions; recognizes competing needs and gains agreement based on common goals; actively participates in team meetings and projects.
- Maintains self-direction and self-pacing; makes practical suggestions without being asked and carries out effective solutions.
- Demonstrates the knowledge necessary to carry out job responsibilities in an effective and timely manner.
- Establishes appropriate priorities and completes assignments efficiently; identifies goals and means to achieve them; selects relevant activities and eliminates ineffective processes.
- Provide consistent performance in meeting deadlines; follows schedules and procedures. Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Organizes tasks in an efficient manner; sets goals and deadlines; develops strategies; anticipates obstacles and defines alternative strategies.
- Observes safety and security procedures, using equipment and materials properly.
- High School Diploma and four years minimum prior Customer Service experience.
- Hitch Installer and Truck Accessory customer experience is a plus.
- Automotive experience preferred.
- Prior SAP ERP experience is a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of MS Excel and Word software.
- Position requires skills in the following areas as appropriate:
- Communication skills telephone/written
- Data entry skills
- Ability to handle conflict appropriately