UDR, Inc. is now hiring an Accountant Property to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch.
**Hybrid schedule once trained**
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Under direct supervision, provide accounting support to the Accounting Department. Provide maintenance, updates, and reconciliation of assigned accounts. Prepare month-end journal entries and assist in monthly financial statement preparation. Prepare, develop, and analyze management accounting information following established policies and procedures in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to provide financial support and service.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Sr. Accountant or Sr. Manager - Accounting
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
1. Prepare and record journal entries in PeopleSoft.
2. Take ownership of all assigned month-end close processes and responsibilities and ensure their accurate and timely completion.
3. Reconcile bank and balance sheet accounts for assigned properties.
4. Ensure investigation is done and appropriate entries are made (if necessary) to clear reconciling items within 30 days.
5. Perform fluctuation analysis for communities assigned during monthly close process and provide explanations where needed.
6. Understand capital versus expense accounting and appropriately apply the Company's capitalization policy.
7. Perform monthly community balance sheet analysis for accuracy and compliance with GAAP.
8. Reconcile insurance claim invoices to the GL and prepare insurance journal entries in accordance of GAAP.
9. Assist in completing various administrative, accounting, and other financial or statistical reports.
10. Work with outside auditors to assist with quarterly reviews and year-end audits, and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing requirements.
11. Perform other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned or as necessary.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Extensive data input and required ability to sit for long periods of time. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance is preferred, or its equivalent experience, required.
2. Minimum of two years' related experience or CPA certificate preferred.
3. Experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
4. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
* Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
* Medical Flexible Spending Account
* Dependent Care Spending Account
* Supplemental Term Life Insurance
* Voluntary Cancer Insurance
* Supplemental Short-Term Disability Insurance / AD&D Insurance
* Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
* 401(k) Plan with company match
* $58,000.00/yr. (minimum) - $70,000.00/yr. (maximum), depends on experience
* Eligible for 10% annual bonus potential, based on personal and company performance