King's Hawaiian has been a family-owned business since its founding in 1950 by Robert R. Taira in Hilo, a small town on the island of Hawaii, also known as "The Big Island." The Taira Family is committed to keeping the company private and to being both a company they are proud to own and govern as well as an Ohana (Hawaiian word for "family") they are proud to call the King's Hawaiian Ohana. When we invite new members to join our Ohana, we seek those who have high emotional intelligence, extraordinary thinking skills (critical thinking, collaborative thinking and intensely curious thinking) and what we call "Aloha Behaviors." Those behaviors are expressed in three areas: Excellence; Dignity; and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard. These things are what we call the "who" in those we seek because they represent the core character and capabilities of a person vs. solely representing a record of learned skills and experiences. Members of our Ohana are high performers and curious learners who treat each other with dignity and accountability. This is what we seek in all members at all levels in the organization.
A solutions architect is responsible for creating a comprehensive architecture for HR and Payroll ecosystems solution and providing strategic direction throughout the development process. His/her responsibilities revolve around ensuring that the software solutions align with resources, risk identification, and planning.
He/she will manage technical architecture analysis, research, design and development of new functionality and integration with key applications and services under Workday, ADP and Services Now ecosystems. Design new solution extensions based on King's Hawaiian requirements. Provide architecture and design guidance to the business systems analysts and development team.
- Create and lead the process of integrating end to end business solutions and systems to meet Kings Hawaiian's requirements
- Manage Technical architecture analysis, research, design and development of new functionality and integration with key applications and services under Workday, ADP and Services Now ecosystems
- Design new solution extensions based on customer requirements
- Provide architecture and design guidance to the development team
- Guide the Business Systems Analysts and engineering (developers) team to develop, configure and implement the solution as per the product development standards to meet business requirements
- Monitor the work of the technical team and ensure standards are adhered to in accordance with Workday and ADP and its ancillary's solution extensions
- Ensure technical integrity of projects, making sure that common technical elements are leveraged, and that work is not duplicated
- Work with and advise the QA team on the design of test plans, test cases and on automation
- Participate in the product roadmap and product strategy definition.
- Develop and review with the creation of training, product, and solution documentation
- Hold self and others accountable to the committed deadlines and ensure successful deliverables
- Take an active role in the development of other team members
- Engage with leading customers and strategic partners to identify and validate requirements and translate to solution design
- Lead team in driving and delivering end to end solutions
- Performing integration architecture and infrastructure design activities
- Participating in resolving technology integration problems
- Act as a mentor, coach, and provide training to Business Systems Analysts and engineers (developers) and consultants by sharing solution and technical expertise.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through quality work and effective communication throughout projects
- Update stakeholders on the status of product development processes
- Notify stakeholders about any issues connected to the architecture
- Fix technical issues as they arise
- Analyze the business impact that certain technical choices may have on King's Hawaiian processes
- Supervise and guides Business Systems Analysts and Developers (BSAs and developers will be dotted line to the Solutions Architect)
- Continuously research and study emerging technologies and proposes changes to the existing architecture
- 12+ years of HR and Payroll implementation experience
- 6+ years work experience in Workday product consulting, systems integration, or architect role.
- BS degree in computer science or engineering with 5 years of experience or MS degree with 2 years of experience.
- Have a good understanding of Technology Implementation best practices
- Must have excellent expertise in software development with very good understanding of Workday system
- Must have excellent expertise in data mapping
- Must have an excellent understanding of integration / API development
- Must be an expert in analyzing, creating system specifications, and developing tests and implementing business solutions utilizing Workday technology
- Must have extensive analytics and report development experience
- Experience managing projects and working with a team of Business Systems Analysts and Engineers (developers)
- Expertise in doing Solution demos and presentations to stakeholders/architects
- Ability to assess and manage technical risks and issues
- Able to report both verbally and in writing to executive level
- Must have good communication skills and should have a proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality.
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our ohana.