National Kidney Foundation
The Transportation Coordinator works closely with the Director, Patient Services and Administration Director to directly oversee the Patient Renal Transportation program for dialysis patients living in the Alleghenies Region (western PA). This program is run in collaboration with the guidelines of the Pennsylvania Chronic Renal Disease Program (CRDP).
The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to provide high customer service to all constituents. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for this position as well as exhibiting a high attention to detail.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring the NKF policies and procedures for the Patient Renal Transportation Program are followed.
- Maintains communication with staff at the Commonwealth of PA Department of Public Health, social workers at the dialysis units in NKF territory and the cardholders on the program.
- Ensures all parties (NKF Staff, NKF interns, NKF volunteers, Commonwealth staff, social workers, and patients) receive necessary documentation regarding the transportation program.
- Develops working relationships with all parties mentioned to ensure program runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Review and approve transportation applications for the CRDP Program (Chronic Renal Disease Program) and forward applications to the Commonwealth.
- Documents and updates patient's status as changes are received.
- Review and accurately processes monthly invoices/backup in CoreWeb and NKF database.
- Documents accuracy of paperwork by dialysis clinic/social workers.
- Assists with entering checks into the NKF database.
- Assists with the processing of all patient reimbursement checks.
- Generate reports in Excel and other software programs as needed.
- Maintain all paper and electronic records. HIPAA Compliance.
- Performs additional tasks as required.
- College Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Minimum two-year data entry experience required. Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple time sensitive tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly effective organizational skills, time management, responsibility, and motivation.
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Office, Word and database software.
- Ability to lead and work independently and as a member of a team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of NKF to provide equality of employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, qualified handicap or disability, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, gender, political affiliation or veteran status, or any other factor or reason prohibited by relevant local, state and federal fair employment laws.
The Equal Employment Opportunity policy will apply to all employment practices of NKF including, but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, layoffs, transfers and discipline. Implementation of the Equal Employment Opportunity policy is the shared responsibility of the management of NKF.
Please see job description