Boise Cascade Building Materials Distribution has an opening for a Material Handler. Please review the responsibilities and needed qualifications below and apply today!
Boise Cascade has been in the business of manufacturing wood products and distributing building materials for over half a century. Today we’re one of the largest manufacturers of plywood and engineered wood products in North America – and the only wholesale stocking distributor for building products that can service the entire United States. Because our business is built on relationships, our associates are critical to our success. And we’re committed to investing in them. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to have a positive impact on all areas of your life – from health and well-being, career and community, to financial security and personal safety, with many benefits beginning on your first day of employment. We call it, Total Rewards. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- We care about your Health, Well-Being, and Future:
- Medical + Prescription, Dental + Vision
- Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Preventive Care
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance, 401(k)/Roth Retirement Plan Options with Employer Contributions
- Tuition Assistance, Employee Assistance Program
- We offer paid Time Away from Work:
- 8 Holidays, Personal/Vacations Days
- Disability Benefits, Parental Leave
- We Appreciate you:
- Competitive Base and Incentive Pay for all positions
- Service Recognition Program
- Professional development and career progression opportunities
The Material Handler performs daily distribution yard activities for a facility. Perform distribution-related functions (receiving, storing, and shipping/building of loads). Operate forklift. Ensure load matches order prior to vehicle exiting yard. Perform customer service activities. Material Handlers have broad in-depth knowledge of building material products and warehouse operations. Possess alertness and adaptation to warehouse routines. Understand and apply fundamental mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division). Maintain good housekeeping in work area. Follow safety programs and ensure compliance of OSHA regulation. Material Handlers demonstrate strong commitment to safety, quality, environmental awareness, and continuous process improvement. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.