Waves, Inc. is hiring for a Residential House Manager position in Franklin, TN!
I Have What It Takes:
- To change the life of someone with an intellectual or developmental disability.
- I don't just want a job. I want a career that MAKES A DIFFERENCE in someone's life.
- I am NOT AFRAID to speak up on behalf of others.
- I recognize the worth of each person and treat everyone with RESPECT, DIGNITY, and EQUALITY.
- I have DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL experience and am ready to become a HOUSE MANAGER.
Direct Support Professionals help people with developmental disabilities live richer lives. If you answered YES and want a job that is CHALLENGING and REWARDING—every minute, every day—become a Direct Support Professional.
House Managers must be able to:
- Assure physical safety and well-being of service recipients (SRs).
- Support SRs in community activities.
- Provide or arrange transportation, as needed.
- Provide support and assistance as needed to SRs in managing their finances. Safeguard the SRs' funds and maintain current, accurate records of all expenditures, i.e., receipts.
- Support SRs in maintaining a neat, clean, and sanitary home. Complete Maintenance Request Forms as needed to ensure maintenance is reported and completed in a timely fashion. Copies of the original request should be sent to the Business Office and the Team Leader.
- Administer medication according to physician's instruction and in accordance with Waves' policies and procedures.
- Implement and document Individual Support Plan objectives as written.
- Supervise and assist SRs in purchasing groceries, if needed, and preparing nutritious, well-balanced meals following menus and special diets, as applicable.
- Supervise and assist SRs with laundry chores, changing bed linens, etc.
- Notify Program Manager of any behavior incidences, seizure activity, accidents, etc.,
- Document any behavior incidences, seizure activity, accidents, etc.,
- Attend and participate in required meetings and activities, such as staff meetings, in-service training, etc.,
- Maintain CPR and First Aid certification, Medication Administration training, TIMAS training, Relias training, and all necessary training assignments within time frames assigned.
- Maintain documents and reports on a monthly basis.
- Assist with any assigned duties.
- Be a part of the On-call rotation specific to the house assigned.
- Provide mentoring and further training for service recipients and house issues.
- As an entry-level supervisor, monitor staff for accomplishment of assigned duties and report necessary issues to the program manager to address. All duties of the residence are the assignment of the house manager, if not previously accomplished by assigned staff.
*This position requires standing and sitting for extended periods, lifting and aiding transfers of people and objects in our programs.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health Insurance, vacation and sick leave, 7 holidays (direct support positions are paid double-time for working), professional development, training and certification opportunities, Retirement Savings Account with generous employer match, dental, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance, additional life insurance, up to 11 days of PTO in your first year of employment, stipend for employee referrals, up to $300 in annual Health & Wellness incentives, employee assistance plan, Vision insurance, and more.