TIB is the nation’s largest and most trusted “Bankers’ Bank”, providing correspondent banking products and services to over 1,300 independent community banks of every size from coast-to-coast. We utilize state-of-the-art systems and deliver innovative solutions to our customers. If you are seeking an opportunity for growth and excellence within the banking industry, we are hiring for a Collections Associate that will support the overall efforts of the Collections Department, primarily through effective and productive calls to collect on delinquent accounts.
Major Duties / Accountabilities
- Initiate outbound and take inbound calls related to late stage delinquent cardholder accounts.
- Adhere to call monitoring guidelines as pertaining to the FDCPA and TIB compliance guidelines.
- Communicate with banks, debt counselors and other parties, as required, on delinquent cardholder accounts.
- Clearly annotate account records as to the disposition of any telephone contacts or other key information that will assist in future collection efforts.
- Utilize extensive skip tracing skills and tools such as probative questioning, Accurint and Credit Bureau, to locate delinquent cardholders for collection purposes.
- Review and process incoming correspondence pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Enhance collection efforts by encouraging the use of payment by phone and processing approved payments.
Requirements / Desired Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including one evening per week with occasional overtime as needed
- 3-5 years of collection experience in a credit card or retail environment preferred
- 2-4 years of First Data Resources (FDR) experience preferred
- Bi-lingual language skills (English and Spanish) preferred
- Some college preferred
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Individual should possess good interpersonal skills and be able to work within and foster a team environment
- Regular and punctual attendance is required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and across all levels
- Software: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook); FDR
TIB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, national origin, disability, genetics, citizenship status, veteran status or any other protected characteristic or activity.