Search by Keyword
Search by Location
Send me alerts every days
Send me alerts every days
Customer Service Representative
Date: Apr 20, 2022
Dallas, TX (TXDALLAS), US
BNSF Logistics is a technology and people-driven third-party logistics company that delivers what matters - to our people, our customers, our carriers, and our communities. BNSF Logistics is a place where diverse talent works together every day in an inclusive way to create and implement the best ideas to help usDELIVER WHAT MATTERS. We achieve this through our commitment to our Guiding Principles which helps us create the ultimate competitive advantage in the marketplace.
We PROTECT THE WELL-BEING OF OURSELVES AND OTHERS
We DRIVE INNOVATION AND EMBRACE TRANSFORMATION
We RESPECT AND SERVE EVERYONE
We KEEP OUR COMMITMENTS
We FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
We CELEBRATE AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
Under the supervision of the Manager, Customer Service, the Customer Service Representative will serve as the customer facing point of contact for service and support tasks in the Over the Road (OTR) business unit and is responsible for successful completion of tasks that ensure best in class customer experience and satisfaction.
The Customer Service Representative will use a positive, customer focused attitude to leverage their knowledge of the Company's operations in order to deliver a resolution that is satisfactory to the customer. Additionally, they will collaborate with the Strategic Customer Service Representative, as necessary, on issues requiring additional knowledge and/or experience to effectively resolve
- Provide prompt and courteous service to customers served by the region through fielding inbound inquiries via phone, email and electronic data interchange portal.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport on each call.
- Conduct load building/appointment setting for specific set of customers in conjunction with Account Management team
- Accurately building and rating loads to reduce billing errors
- Work with Account Management team to ensure daily customer relations activities are completed.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Perform track and trace requests of freight in various modes of service.
- Interpret shipping status data accurately and communicate information to customers in a concise and professional manner.
- Respond to billing inquiries and refer to billing team as required.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide exceptional customer support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Customer Service in support of customer relationship management goals.
- 1+ years of experience in a customer facing capacity, such as sales, customer service or relations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook etc.).
- General user knowledge of electronic data interchange and customer relationship management systems such as Mercury Gate or similar.
- Call center, third party logistics (3PL) and/or trucking industry experience is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilitiesand skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be perform duties outside of normal requirements from time to time.
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending account
- Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
- Tuition assistance
- Professional training staff with an industry-leading Learning Management System
- Company culture that recognizes its employees
BNSF Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Find similar jobs: