Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.The Opportunity
The Manager, Corporate Partnerships secures donations from, and manages philanthropic relationships with, an assigned portfolio of Feeding America's corporate partners. The Manager is responsible for meeting or exceeding personal revenue goals, deepening partnerships and for the overall stewardship of their assigned accounts. This role will work on a hybrid work-from-home schedule with an average of 2-3 days a week in our Chicago office.Salary Range: $66,000 to $85,000+ Based on Experience
- Serves as the lead relationship manager for an assigned portfolio of corporate donors. Leads solicitation, stewardship, communication and issue resolution for assigned accounts. The Manager's portfolio will be geared toward donors contributing six to seven figures annually.
- Solicits donations from assigned accounts. Responsible for meeting annual, personal fundraising targets in support of departmental fundraising and operating goals.
- Collaborates with colleagues in Finance, Member Grants, Programs, Supply Chain and Marketing/Communications to develop customized and effective grant proposals, campaigns and stewardship strategies and to ensure effective execution of grant deliverables.
- Implements a strategy to broaden donor relationships across Feeding America's portfolio of interests including food, funds, cause marketing, employee engagement, C-suite leadership engagement in-kind support, awareness and advocacy, under the direction of the department leadership and/or supervisor.
- Builds collaborative relationships with member food banks to help deepen donor engagement and link partnerships at the national and local level.
- Actively provides communication support to assigned donors, including but not limited to campaign materials review and editing.
- Prepares memos, partnership updates and communications for Feeding America's network members and Executive Team, including the Chief Executive Officer, as needed.
- Supports the Director/Managing Director and department leadership, as requested. Represents the Corporate Partnerships team on cross-functional committees, special projects and task forces, as needed.
Required Leadership Competencies:
- Mission Focused- Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America's mission through work and action. Is committed to people keep people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion- Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different background and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
Required Technical Competencies, Experience and Education:
- Translates Strategy to Operational Goals:Constructs project plans aligned with organization and department strategies and priorities. Makes data- and fact-based decisions aligned with department and organizational strategy. Translates project goals into SMART team and/or individual goals consistent with overall department strategy.
- Communicates Effectively:Conveys clear and effective messages using verbal and written communication within individual, small group, and formal presentation settings. Communicates project/operating priorities and updates to key stakeholder audiences that may include staff, network food bank members, donors, and other groups. Responds positively to requests to share information while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive content. Adjusts message and content based on feedback provided.
- Collaborate Internally and Externally:Forms and sustains effective working relationships that accelerate goal achievement by reaching out to and engaging people from other functions or from outside the organization. Coordinates projects and plans with others within and outside of own area to ensure the work goes smoothly. Pursues networking opportunities and encourages others to form new relationships that benefit all parties. Handles conflict directly and adeptly, respecting all points of view, and resolves issues to create a united path forward.
- Manages for Results / Delegates Effectively:Holds self and others accountable for meeting measurable goals and performance expectations. Identifies multiple ways to achieve results, takes decisive action, and brings projects to completion in the timeline expected. Establishes regular status checks to maintain and report progress toward goals. Provides helpful, supportive feedback to others. Engages those closest to a situation to make decisions or recommendations.
- Leverages Functional Expertise:Uses advanced functional knowledge to shape decisions and plans. Takes initiative to stay current and apply knowledge of own field, including to improve processes, practices, and policies. Regularly offers to share functional expertise with others to help them succeed.
- 5+ years of fundraising or account management experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Experience working with institutional (corporate or foundation) donors or partners, including a history of meeting or exceeding personal revenue goals and stewarding large donations and grants.
- Experience building and executing cause marketing campaigns preferred.
- Autonomous; ability to work proactively with limited supervision when necessary.
Feeding America embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.