Technical Writer II
- Develop, publish, and maintain high quality user-centric content based on standards set in our Information Model within release timelines.
- Use structured authoring and the established DITA framework to create and maintain content.
- Interview SMEs to obtain product information from requirements, specifications, and user stories to create and update content.
- Collaborate with internal staff to research content and when necessary identify the gaps in the existing content and propose remediation plans.
- Participate in UA team and project team meetings and activities.
- Follow the review cycles. For example; SME review, Peer Review, Editorial Review.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in English, Journalism, Technical Communications, or a related field.
- Any DITA, minimalism, or user-centric content certifications are a plus.
- 3-5 years technical writing experience.
- Or, any combination of education and experience that would meet the required qualifications for the position
- 3-5 years technical writing experience in a software environment.
- Experience with Oxygen XML or similar XML authoring, development, and collaboration tools.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite.
- Experience with dynamic content delivery.
Knowledge & Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of DITA, XML, minimalism, topic-based and role-based content development.
- Knowledge of SDLC and DDLC.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to demonstrate adaptability as assignments change and evolve while maintaining quality of product documentation.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into clear, concise, compelling, customer-centric copy and content for various client channels.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and research skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment employing a hands-on approach with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) using tact, courtesy, and patience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships through collaboration and respect.
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
In the Technical Writer II position, you will use your great writing and communication skills to create high-quality deliverables using oXygen software. You will work on a project team in an Agile environment. Your work will benefit many by assisting providers in their daily workflow.
Remote Location, Any, 00000