Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Registered Nurse - Operating Rm - Main/Jellison Mid Shift
The RN in Surgery assumes responsibility for prescribing, delegating and coordinating nursing care to patients in the perioperative environment, including interventions that assist the patient in a conscious or unconscious state. The RN identifies physiologic, psychological, and sociologic needs of the patient, develops and implements an individualized plan of care, coordinates interventions and evaluates outcomes of the patient's perioperative experience. The RN is legally accountable and responsible for patient care, whether accomplished personally or by another perioperative team member. The RN will be competent to provide patient care following standards set forth in the Florida Nurse Practice Act, SMH, and the department.
- Require excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Require one of the following: minimum of six (6) months previous Operating Room (OR) experience, or graduation from an OR post graduate course or approved Operating Room nurse internship program.
- Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
- Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) required within three (3) years of hire date.
- Prefer certification in nursing specialty area.
Bachelor of Science Nursing
Required License and Certs
Basic Life Support/CPR
Florida Registered Nurse Lic
FL Registered Nurse License
Preferred License and Certs
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Monday - Friday mid shift
On call rotation