Cardiovascular Diagnostic Serv Job Summary
Performs and assists with cardiovascular diagnostic procedures on adult, geriatric, and pediatric and adolescent patients. Responsible for initiating all vascular or echo and exercise testing procedures. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed sound waves for radiologic diagnosis or intervention. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required. Required Qualifications
- Require graduation from a Cardiovascular Technology Program (AS, BS, or AA degree with emphasis in life and physical science).
- Require registration in either vascular technology or cardiac sonography by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RVT and RDCS) or adult cardiac sonography and vascular specialty from Cardiac Credentialing International (RVS, RCS)
- Require training by the American Heart Association in BLS and/or ACLS within thirty (30) days of hire date.
- Require two (2) years of pertinent cardiovascular experience. Mandatory Education
AS: Associate of Science Preferred Education
BD: Bachelor Degree Required License and Certs
BLS: Basic Life Support/CPR
Our Lab is IAC accredited in Adult ECHO, Pediatric ECHO and Vascular Ultrasound with a strong focus on high quality of care and career development. Careers in Cardiovascular Sonography offer competitive salaries with great benefits, relocation assistance available, caring and compassionate culture and leadership support. Here is your chance to join a dynamic team of healthcare professionals. Your opportunity starts now!!!
Awards & Honors
Sarasota Memorial and its cardiac services team consistently recognized for superior patient care, outcomes and performance.
* Named among 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in US in the 2021 Fortune/IBM Watson Health 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals list. SMH-Sarasota was the only hospital in Southwest Florida to make the 2021 list.
* RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE * Night Weekend shifts available!!!
- Earned "high performer" ratings in all 15 procedures and conditions - including cardiac bypass surgery, aortic valve surgery, abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, transcatheter aortic valve replacement(TAVR), heart attack and heart failure - evaluated in U.S. News ' 2021-2022 "Best Hospitals" study.
- Top honors for medical outcomes and excellence in the American Heart Association (AHA) and American Stroke Association (ASA) annual "Get With The Guidelines" assessments: "Heart Failure Gold Plus Honor Roll," "Stroke Gold Plus with Honor Roll Elite" and "Gold Plus Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll."
- Awarded the American Heart Association and the Mitral Foundation's 2021 Mitral Valve Repair Reference Center Award for a demonstrated record of superior clinical outcomes.
- First hospital in Southwest Florida to earn Transcatheter Valve (TAVR) Certification from the American College of Cardiology, in recognition of our heart team's expertise in TAVR. SMH is one of 25 hospitals nationwide to receive this certification.
- Echocardiogram Accreditation for Adult, Pediatrics and Transesophageal procedures through the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC).
- Only hospital in Florida to have consistently earned the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid's highest 5-star rating for overall quality and safety since the rating system launched in 2016.
- Earned consecutive "A" grades for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group, a national organization that evaluates hospitals' efforts to protect patients from preventable injuries and harm, since SMH began participating in Leapfrog's survey in 2016.
- Honored with 3 Beacon Awards for Nursing Excellence from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses for high-quality patient care: Gold Beacon Award of Excellence for the Cardiac Acute Telemetry Unit; Silver Beacon Award of Excellence for the Critical Care Unit; and Silver Beacon Award of Excellence for the Cardiovascular Thoracic Stepdown/Cardiac Progressive 3 Unit.