Behavioral Health IP Job Summary
Provides professional nursing care to patients and families in an acute clinical care environment, guided by the SMHCS nursing professional practice model and in accordance with the ANA's Standards of Professional Practice. Required Qualifications
- Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
- Require graduation from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) required within three (3) years of hire date. Preferred Qualifications
- Prefer certification in nursing specialty area. Preferred Education
BSN: Bachelor of Science Nursing Required License and Certs
BLS: Basic Life Support/CPR
FL RN: FL Registered Nurse License Preferred License and Certs
ACLS: Advanced Cardiac Life Support
RNBCPSY: Psychiatric Mental Hea. Nurse In August 2020, The Sarasota County Public Hospital Board approved a $65 million plan to replace Sarasota Memorial's Bayside facility with a new, state-of-the-art pavilion that centralizes and enhances care to people affected by mental and behavioral health challenges.The Behavioral Health Pavilion will be a 3-story, 82-bed facility to be built at the corner of Osprey Avenue and Hawthorne Street (Former Bayside East location). The new facility will include an 18-bed geriatric unit, 20-bed acute care unit, 22-bed adult unit and a 22-bed child and adolescent unit. The outpatient area on the first floor will centralize the existing partial hospitalization program, intensive outpatient program, electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) and outpatient counseling services into one location. The new Behavioral Health Pavilion is scheduled to be open October 2023. Reputation. Community. Impact. Growth. Every day, our patients at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System
receive a first-class experience in care from a team on a mission to deliver the highest level of care in America. In the process of rising to that challenge, one by one, our people are finding their purpose and feeling their impact. Now it is your turn to see yourself here. Sarasota Memorial Hospital Sarasota Memorial Hospital
was recently recognized again by ranking #1 Hospital in the Region by the U.S. News's Best Hospital report by scoring a Perfect 10! Not only that, but SMH was also designated at a national "standout" hospital for earning top ratings in all evaluated conditions and procedures - an accomplishment achieved by less than 1% of the 4000+ hospitals. Our system has also earned Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), as well as these additional accolades: Gallup Great Workplace 2018; recipient of an "A" grade for Patient Safety. Sarasota Memorial Hospital is Magnet designated and the only provider of Level II trauma services, obstetrical services, and Level III neonatal intensive care in Sarasota County. The benefits of being the best:
Our commitment to becoming the best community hospital and health care system means providing the best possible benefits to our people. Some highlights: Total Rewards Package
- Paid Time Off (start earning PTO on day one of employment)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Benefit Plans for Full & Part-Time Employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care) - Pre-Tax Dollars
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403b
- Sarasota Campus for now - Discounted Child Care & Before and After School Program and Summer Camp!
- Bereavement Leave
- Free Parking
- On Campus Dining w/ a 30% discount
- Credit Union w/ teller machines on campus
- Direct Deposit
- Free Wellness Screening
- Free confidential counseling services
- Employee Discount Programs
- Recognition Programs
- Referral Programs
- Tremendous growth opportunities for hard workers!