Medicare Follow-up Rep
Patient Financial Services
Works with third party payers to ensure timely recovery of outstanding accounts receivable by maintaining high productivity standards for outgoing collection calls. Utilizes web based tools to determine that a claim has been received at the payer. Problem solves high dollar claims and responsible for keeping abreast and complying with all managed care contracts and third party relations. Inputs data as required to comply with department specific quality assurance measures and for feedback to other departments and insurance companies. Contributes to departmental operations by performing other related job duties as may be required. Receives and responds to incoming calls and all inquiries are answered in a timely fashion and in a manner that promotes customer satisfaction. Performs all appropriate account updates.
- Require a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a healthcare, insurance or customer service environment.
- Prefer previous experience working with third party billing and collections.
- Prefer Certified Patient Account Technician or Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist (CRCS).
- Prefer demonstrated written and verbal communication skills as it relates to customer interactions.
- Prefer demonstrated computer literacy with windows based programs.
- Prefer the ability to review and update both patient and insurance information in the computer system.
- Prefer demonstrated ability to quickly resolving customer complaints.
- Prefer the ability to read and understand insurance remittances, calculate patient responsibility and understand coordination of benefit rules.
- Require the ability to type minimum of thirty (45) words per minute.
HS EQ: High School Diploma, GED or Certificate
Required License and Certs
Preferred License and Certs