Cath Lab Prep & Recovery Job Summary
The Cardiovascular Technologist performs cardiovascular procedures (including device implants) in the Invasive Cardiology Department EP Lab under the supervision of the Cardiologist and/or Electrophysiologist by scrubbing, circulating, and monitoring; operating EP recording systems, stimulators, mapping systems, and all forms of ablation. The technologist also sets up and operates specialized equipment including a physiological data recording system, programmable stimulators, mapping system, and various generators for ablation procedures. Required Qualifications
- Require Registered Cardiovascular Technologist (RCIS and/or RCES), Radiological Tech (Registered) CV, Registered Respiratory Therapist (RCIS), or RN (RCIS).
- Require current licensure or registration in the state of Florida (excluding CVT) (through C.C.I.).
- Require current BLS and ACLS within ninety (90) days of date of hire.
- Require that CVTs working in the Cardiac Cath Lab must take call. They must be available to be contacted and report to work within thirty (30) minutes. Preferred Qualifications
- Prefer a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Cardiac Cath Lab in which two (2) years must have been in an interventional Cath Lab.
- Prefer a basic knowledge of hospital computer applications.
- Prefer the ability to float to EP Lab or Peripheral Lab. Job Title - Relocation Assistance to Sarasota, FL Reputation. Community. Impact. Growth. Every day, our patients at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System
receive a first-class experience in care from a team on a mission to deliver the highest level of care in America. In the process of rising to that challenge, one by one, our people are finding their purpose and feeling their impact. Now it is your turn to see yourself here. Sarasota Memorial Hospital & Venice Hospital Relocation Assistance Available Various Schedules Sarasota Memorial Hospital Sarasota Memorial Hospital
was recently recognized again by ranking #1 Hospital in the Region by the U.S. News's Best Hospital report by scoring a Perfect 10! Not only that, but SMH was also designated at a national "standout" hospital for earning top ratings in all evaluated conditions and procedures - an accomplishment achieved by less than 1% of the 4000+ hospitals. Our system has also earned Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), as well as these additional accolades: Gallup Great Workplace 2018; recipient of an "A" grade for Patient Safety. Sarasota Memorial Hospital is Magnet designated and the only provider of Level II trauma services, obstetrical services, and Level III neonatal intensive care in Sarasota County. Venice Hospital Brand New Hospital Opening Fall 2021 We're building a first-rate team at our technologically advanced facility. Join the Venice Hospital team now-and train and work at our main campus until we transition into our new facility. The Venice Campus
will open in 2021 with 110 private rooms with plans to grow to 300 private rooms, a 28-room Emergency Care Center and 8 surgical suites. It will offer a full array of medical and surgical care, including Cardiology Unit/Catheterization Lab; Critical Care/Intensive Care Unit; Emergency Care; Endoscopy & other procedural areas; Gastroenterology; Labor & Delivery/Post-Partum Unit; Laboratory/Diagnostic Testing; Nephrology; Neurology/Neurosurgery; Oncology; Orthopedics; Pulmonology; Imaging/Radiology; and Urology. The benefits of being the best:
Our commitment to becoming the best community hospital and health care system means providing the best possible benefits to our people. Some highlights: Total Rewards Package
- Paid Time Off (start earning PTO on day one of employment)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Benefit Plans for Full & Part-Time Employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care) - Pre-Tax Dollars
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan: 403b
- Sarasota Campus for now - Discounted Child Care & Before and After School Program and Summer Camp!
- Bereavement Leave
- Free Parking
- On Campus Dining w/ a 30% discount
- Credit Union w/ teller machines on campus
- Direct Deposit
- Free Wellness Screening
- Free confidential counseling services
- Employee Discount Programs
- Recognition Programs
- Referral Programs
- Tremendous growth opportunities for hard workers!