Cardiovascular Technologist - EP Lab
The Cardiovascular Technologist performs cardiovascular procedures (including device implants) in the Invasive Cardiology Department EP Lab under the supervision of the Cardiologist and/or Electrophysiologist by scrubbing, circulating, and monitoring; operating EP recording systems, stimulators, mapping systems, and all forms of ablation. The technologist also sets up and operates specialized equipment including a physiological data recording system, programmable stimulators, mapping system, and various generators for ablation procedures.
- Require Registered Cardiovascular Technologist (RCIS and/or RCES), Radiological Tech (Registered) CV, Registered Respiratory Therapist (RCIS), or RN (RCIS).
- Require current licensure or registration in the state of Florida (excluding CVT) (through C.C.I.).
- Require current BLS and ACLS within ninety (90) days of date of hire.
- Require that CVTs working in the Cardiac Cath Lab must take call. They must be available to be contacted and report to work within thirty (30) minutes.
- Prefer a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Cardiac Cath Lab in which two (2) years must have been in an interventional Cath Lab.
- Prefer a basic knowledge of hospital computer applications.
- Prefer the ability to float to EP Lab or Peripheral Lab.
Required License and Certs
Preferred License and Certs