Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ – BCPC) with annual revenues over $700 million and a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
This role will support our International customers.
Provide customer relations to maintain current business and support growth; pro-actively secure orders; respond to requests from potential customers regarding product information; advise sales force of leads; maintain related reports; interact with sales staff and customers to obtain accurate forecasting figures.
- Secure and process all Encapsulated, Chelate Mineral and Choline Chloride customer orders for our International group.
- Maintain close contact with Supply Chain, at each Balchem site, to ensure all ANH orders are constantly updated and maintained. Also work directly with our Balchem Italia team to discuss forecasts and inventory requirements.
- Work directly with our Corporate Regulatory team regarding an special labelling, documentation or registration requirements for each customer.
- Maintain communications with our International customers for updated forecast projections and product requirements.\
- Provide ongoing customer service to ensure satisfaction with product performance.
- Receive and respond to requests from existing and potential International ANH customers in regard to product information and apprise the Business Managers of potential leads.
- Communicate directly with International customers to make sure all country specific requirements are documented and maintained in the customer account master.
- Have a general knowledge of export requirements by country.
- Interact with third party logistics group to communicate customer's documentation requirements and manage timely movement of the freight.
- Develop a healthy rapport with internal and external logistics partners in order to better support international customers' requirements.
- Learn and support intercompany pricing policies and procedures.
- Interact with internal departments to create & maintain customer accounts.
- Follow-up with customers to make sure that all customer needs are met and understood. Answer questions and resolve problems.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Provide backup for the other members of the ANH Customer Relations team for our domestic customers when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, prefer college degree.
- International Customer Service experience required
- Experience in customer service and order entry preferred.
- Working knowledge of export documentation and requirements.
- Knowledge of Incoterms 2010.
- Excellent phone and people skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Computer literate in database and word processing programs
- High level of initiative and ability to solve problems.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and work in an organized and self-supervised manner.
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.