Responsible for planning and organizing the daily activities for manufacturing associates to meet the delivery expectations of our customers. Executes production plans and monitors job run times. Ensures active communication with supporting departments.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Primarily responsible for the efficient functioning of the department and the individuals therein;
· Organizes and plans daily activities for manufacturing associates; utilizes the strengths of the Lead personnel to help accomplish goals and work flow, however, associate direction is ultimately the responsibility of the Shop Floor Supervisor;
· Provides technical support to the production floor (approximately 95% of work day);
· Ensures compliance with daily dispatch report as established by scheduler to meet shipments on a consistent basis;
· Monitors, identifies and documents run times and process improvements of shop and production;
· Monitors work flow, oversees and directs production, and audits operators' parts to ensure dimensional characteristics conform to blueprint and/or planning;
· Coordinates and ensures training and cross-training of personnel is performed on all aspects of production, safety procedures, time charging, count verification, and quality control;
· Communicates and coordinates with Engineering, Quality and other support areas as production issues arise;
· Reviews all jobs prior to submittal for final inspection ensuring parts are made to print, router is properly claimed and part counts are correct;
· Ensures operators perform set-ups as required to meet production schedule;
· Personally follows safety policies and procedures and ensures subordinates do the same;
· Supports all manufacturing functions including trouble shooting and problem solving in all areas of manufacturing;
· Provides recommendations and periodical updates as needed to management regarding the status of production;
· Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises associates within department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. These areas are to be conducted in a professional and efficient manner.